Location: Mayfair, London
Salary: Competitive (to be agreed with successful candidate)
Contract: Permanent - Part-time
Hours: Flexible (approx 15 hours per week)
Our client is a fast-moving, entrepreneurial real estate investment firm focussed on acquiring assets that generate long-term income. They are currently recruiting for an experienced in-House Accountant to join them on a part-time basis, supporting their property investment group of private companies. There are 3 main investment companies with a variety of SPVs for various projects and 3 joint-venture businesses and they need a highly knowledgeable accountant who will be confident in dealing with the full group of companies, personal property accounts and partnership accounts.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a switched-on accountant currently working within the property investment sector, looking to be part of a faster-paced, dynamic business, working across multiple ventures for different acquisitions. This is not your standard bookkeeping job! The right candidate will be able to really accelerate their learning and develop and flourish with the company.
About the Role:
The role will suit an experienced, professional, and friendly Accountant who has an overall grasp of accounts to trial balance level and preparation of management accounts with comprehensive knowledge of property transactions.
You will be responsible for:
- Producing monthly cash flow statement and management accounts
- Reconciling banks accounts, petty cash and credit card expenses
- Paying suppliers
- Raising and following up on payments of invoices
- Setting and monitoring group budgets
- Accounting for property purchases and sales
- Preparing individual accounts for owned properties to report to investors
- Producing quarterly VAT returns
- Office management including ordering stationery/collecting post etc
- Liaising with external accountants to streamline processes
- Tracking, organising and controlling spending on individual property purchases to help control profitability
The Right Person:
- Must have 5 years’ experience working with a property company.
- Significant experience of all aspects of accounts including preparation of management accounts up to trial balance, year-end accounts and VAT returns.
- Understanding of VAT partial exemption.
- Experience in the purchase and sale of properties and the property industry in general
- Advanced and certified user of Xero accounting software and understanding of reading Sage reports.
- Ideally have 5 years Xero experience.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build good working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Strong IT skills including MS Office particularly MS Excel
- Keen ability to work with others and organise effectively
- The ability to think independently, critically and, most importantly, organising the office infrastructure so that the team is working effectively
- Close attention to detail, excellent verbal communication and perfect writing skills
- Be a motivated, inquisitive individual
If you feel you have the above necessary skills and experience please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We are short-listing for the client now.
Please note due to high volumes and the client's specific requirements, we will only be able to respond to those applications who meet the above criteria.