Our client is seeking an individual to become an integral member of their Senior Management team and play a key role in supporting the operational teams in driving forward the strategic ambitions for the company.
Managing a team of six, you will report to the Directors and oversee all financial aspects of the company and client accounts, ensure the smooth running of payroll, provide support to the business managers and manage the day to day tasks for the finance and lettings accounts team.
The Head of Accounts will work closely with the Directors to establish best practice in all areas and will often be the first point of contact from our clients.
- Payroll – provide external accountants with commissions, referrals, FS commissions, Google Review payments, Saturday staff payments, pension calculations.
- Review salary schedules from accountants and approve payroll
- Set up payroll payments in the bank
- Process salary journals onto Sage to reflect the payments being made
- Process PAYE payments
- Ad hoc queries from staff in respect of pay
- Bank reconciliations daily and finalized monthly for company accounts
- Review or process supplier payment runs on Sage for company accounts
- Inputting supplier invoices and client invoices onto Sage for the 3 companies (if required)
- Mortgage Scout commissions, review commission statements, process entries, update broker statements for payroll and input payment details onto new business registers
- Review bank accounts and cash flow
- Review and set up of payments in Barclays
- Returns to the Office for National statistics (monthly, quarterly, and annual returns)
- Management accounts review data
- Review and process Barclaycard statements and associated charges
- Accruals and depreciation of fixed assets
- Adjusting the lettings income on a monthly basis to ensure the figures match our CRM software
- Review Live commissions, lifetime legal comm, Niche invoices and raise invoices
- Provide support, guidance, coaching and development to the Accounts department
- Liaison for audit and accountants, providing them with information when required
- A minimum of 5 years working in a similar role within estate agency
- Thorough knowledge in all aspects of property related accounts processes
- Structured, disciplined, energetic and committed to individual and company improvement
- Open and honest team player
- Excellent eye for attention to detail and accuracy
- Analytical and confident with data analysis
- Problem solver with the ability to take ownership and resolve issues both internally and externally
- Possess strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Reapit software would be an advantage
If you believe you have the skillset required for this role, please apply below.